Reporting to the Director, KeMU Holdings Services Limited, the Catering Manager job exists to plan, organize and develop the food and beverage services, while meeting client expectations, food and hygiene standards, financial targets and supporting the overall functions of the University
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Supervision of the Catering Department
- Authorization of stores/purchase requests for the department
- Implementation of Catering procedures and policies
- Quality Assurance and control aspects of the department
- Coordination on outside catering activities
- Inspection and coordination of repairs and maintenance in the department
- Analyzing, monitoring and evaluating enterprise profit margins
- Oversee the management of catering staff, facilities and services in the University.
- Ensure the quality and sufficiency of food and beverage preparation and provision services in the University.
- Ensure proper storage of foodstuff in the kitchen store in order to retain their quality and nutritional values and thus meet customers’ nutrition and dietary needs in the University.
- Prepare and plan procurement list for all kitchen supplies such as foodstuffs, utensils and other materials for use in the catering services of the University.
- Supervise catering and waiting staff together to ensure quality catering services in the University.
- Plan University food and beverage menus in consultation with the nutritionist, chefs and cooks, according to customers’ dietary needs in the University.
- Supervise food preparation contents, procedures and process in order to ensure that they meet the required standards of hygiene and nutrition for customers in the University.
- Ensure public health and sanitation, and safety regulations are strictly observed in order to prevent disease outbreak through food contamination in the University.
- Monitor the quantity and quality of service provided by undertaking regular spot checks in the kitchen and other food handling areas of the University.
- Ensure maintenance of food stock levels and order new supplies as required in the kitchen and other catering areas of the University
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure quality and timely kitchen supplies delivery in the University.
- Participate in contracting for kitchen suppliers, assessing their requirements and ensuring they are satisfied with the service delivered (in contract catering).
- Ensuring compliance with all fire, licensing, and employment regulations in the University
The suitable candidate should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Diploma in Catering, Hotel Management or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Higher Diploma in Catering, Hotel Management or other Hospitality Services from a recognized institution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Hotel Management or Food and Beverages Science from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Medical Fitness Certificate from Public Health Office
- At least five years working experience as a Catering Manager in a reputable institution
Job Application Details
How to apply:
Each application shall be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials, and other relevant supporting documents. Scanned copies of these documents must accompany the email application.
Applicants must also submit the following:
1. Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority
2. Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board
3. Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
4. Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau
5. Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
6. Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department.
7. Letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes) from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and general character one of whom must be the pastor of their local church.
All the positions above require individuals who are committed to Christian values and are of high ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism.
All applications shall clearly be marked with the Reference Number of the Advertised position “Application for the position of (position applied for)”and submitted as follows:
1. Three (3) hard copies, and
2. An electronic copy in PDF format to be sent direct to the Vice Chancellor on email: [email protected]
Three hard copies marked as per the position should be sent to:
The Vice Chancellor
Kenya Methodist University
P.O. Box 267 – 60200
So as to reach the Vice Chancellor not later than 9th September 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants are required to request their referees to write to us directly using the above address.
KeMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Botswana