DESIGNER JOB ADVERT
One of our clients’, with its headquarters in Nairobi, is seeking to fill the “DESIGNER – POST”
The company is primarily involved in Custom Furniture Design and Manufacture, and its passion for delivering quality service to its clients is apparent in the work that they do.
Salary Scale Kshs 40,000 to Kshs. 50,000
The Studios Designer is responsible for Client consultations, Client Installations, and Sketch design / interpretations.
● find ways to improve furniture items already manufactured
● stay informed about design trends and developments
● select suitable materials, which might include wood, metal, plastic and textiles
● discuss designs with clients for custom orders
● generate sample designs using computer-aided design (CAD), card models, sketches or hard prototypes
● use software packages such as sketchup, archicad, Rhino and Photoshop
● prepare detailed final designs
● liaise with craftsmen or production department staff (such as production managers, marketing staff about the process of construction or manufacture
● organise plans and schedules with respect to the availability of resources
● attend workshops, seminars and training on various types of manufacturing and furniture design.
● Minimum 2 years of experience working within a workshop, manufacturing shop, or construction work environment
● Significant experience in a leadership role
● Must be fully bilingual in English and Kiswahili
● drawing skills and strong visual awareness
● ability to work with deadlines
● A team player
● an understanding of computer-aided design (CAD) and other technological advances
- Job Application Details Qualified candidates should send their CV’s to [email protected] only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.68DESIGNER JOB ADVERT