GENERAL FARM MANAGER – MALINDI
Our client, a farm located in Malindi (30kms from Malindi town) is looking for a farm manager to run a farm. Livestock breeding is the main business. The ideal candidate will be expected to plan and manage all matters pertaining farm activities. The person will possess the experience, qualifications, passion and vision to build a diverse and sustainable eco-farming operations that will combine a variety of animal and plant husbandry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop a strong business plan and strategy for the farm
• Providing technical support services for income generating activities of the farm.
• Oversee day to day farm operations, including all aspects of animal and crop production and be hands on.
• Develop all year round effective tilling, planting, cultivation, harvesting and storage techniques and advising farm owner accordingly.
• Develop and implement practices that ensure optimal returns through maintaining economic and environmental viability.
• Prepare and maintain proper farm records & accounts.
• Assist in marketing and business operations.
• Establish procedures and structures based on experience and best practices.
• Establish a market for the farm produce.
• Planning and preparing the finance reports, setting up budget limit for various farm activities, and maintaining the farm activities in agreement with the budgeted parameter.
• Monitoring the health and safety measures undertaken by the farm, keeping track of the health and safety of workers and other staff, maintaining environmental biodiversity, and undertaking environmental protection activities if required.
• Recruitment of farm hands
• Supervise the general care of animals and crops and be hands on it.
• Establishing good markets for the farm produce and animals, including getting suitable contract farming
• Ensure that farm activities comply with government regulations.
• Coordinate & direct the preparation of farm budget & escalate for approval.
• Ensure that the Farm operates effectively by ensuring optimum utilization and management of the farm resources at minimal costs.
• Increase output of livestock and livestock products through improved efficiency in the management of livestock production systems.
• Oversee maintenance and repair of farm machinery and equipment.
• Participate in various meetings with Directors on dairy animals issues.
• Assist in preparing budgets for the farm materials and Input.
• Supervise and appraise the performance of Animal Health and produce annual reports.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Directors from time to time.
* Candidates residing in Malindi and its environs are highly encouraged to apply *
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Use of agricultural machinery.
• Professional maturity and ability to operate in a fast paced, competitive work environment.
• Ability to analyze and articulate a situation and analyze complex details quickly.
• Exhibit the highest levels of integrity and professionalism.
• High energy and perseverance with tenacity.
• A self-initiator, versatile, able to make and take decisions.
• You are action-oriented and performance-driven.
• Clear communication and reporting capabilities.
• Team management and leaderships skills.
• Willingness to train and supervise other farm staff.
. Degree in Agricultural Sciences / Horticulture or related studies.
. At least 4 years of extensive practical experience in similar role.
. Passion for proper animal husbandry practices.
. Previous experience working in dairy management is an added advantage.
. Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency in all MS Office applications
. Strong leadership capabilities with minimal supervision and ability to take initiative.
MONTHLY GROSS SALARY: Ksh. 50,000
- Job Application Details HOW TO APPLY Interested candidates should send CVs and Cover Letter to [email protected] with the subject ‘General Farm Manager - Malindi’ NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted