The Meru County Assembly Service Board invites applications from qualified Kenyans to fill a vacant position within County Assembly Service.
HANSARD REPORTER I (2 POSTS JG “K”/CASB 10).
(a) Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operating the digital recording systems;
- Ensuring general safety, cleanliness and usability of the machines;
- ensuring timely and accurate recording and transcription;
- undertaking independent verbatim reporting of County Assembly proceedings and those of relevant committees/functions within or outside County Assembly;
- preparing transcripts for editing; and
- Assisting in classification, custody, archiving, retrieval and cross-checking of documents against references.
(b) Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism/Mass Communication/Linguistics majoring in English and Kiswahili from a recognized institution;
- Be in possession of Typing II (30 w.p.m.) and/or Audio Typing I and II; and
- Proficiency in computer applications skills.
Job Application Details
Persons interested in filling the above positions should submit applications accompanied by copies of curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, a copy of National Identity card or passport and any other supporting documents to the office of the Clerk not later than Monday, 6th September. 2021. at 5.00 P.M.
Note: With regard to Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, applicants are required to obtain and submit copies of the following certificates that should be authentic and up to date:
a). Clearance certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
b). Clearance certificate from Credit Reference Bureau.
c). Tax Compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority.
d). Certificate of good Conduct from the Department of Criminal Investigations.
e). Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board.
The Applications should be addressed to:
County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Meru.
P.O Box 3-60200
Or be delivered by hand to the office of the County Assembly Clerk within the County Assembly premises.
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Kenya