HOTEL MANAGER – JOB DESCRIPTION
DUTY STATION: VOI
Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Hotel, manage and maximize the Hotel’s resources while achieving optimum standards of service within profit objectives and in line with the set policies, as well as achieving guest satisfaction standards and agreed financial targets while maintaining & improving the Hotel’s star ratings.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• You shall be the overall in charge of the hotel ensuring efficient operations and cost control of all hotel Departments and Facilities.
• Ensures hotel implementation and compliance of policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Directs hotel actions in maximizing profitability, increasing service levels and improving staff satisfaction.
• Deals with the general public, customers, employees, union and government officials with tact and courtesy.
• Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and taking corrective action.
• Developing improvement actions while carrying out costs savings.
• Ensure the correct production and distribution of information and promotion materials as agreed to.
• Coordinate planning of heads of department and supervisors with regard to time-tables, work schedules, employment of employees within the different services and solving of bottle necks.
• Coordination of the execution of activities via instructions to the heads of departments/ supervisors, supervision of the execution.
• Determination of the workforce, recruitment and hiring of new staff, supervision of sufficient introduction, execution of performance reviews and training of staff.
• Determination that staff discipline is of the highest standard.
• Be accountable for responsibilities of head of departments in their absence.
• Ensure an adequate administration, for the outgoing and incoming invoices, for the payment of invoices and for drawing up periodic management data.
• Leading various internal and external meetings.
• Oversee compliance with all professional, ethical, legal and statutory requirements in the conduct of company business.
• Overseeing the implementation of optimal and attractive products and services required to address the hotel’s target groups, based on pre-agreed marketing plans and budgets.
• To provide overall leadership, guidance and direction to the hotel management teams to ensure smooth, prompt and efficient operations.
• Ensure efficient operations and cost control of all hotel departments and facilities.
• Review daily operations and inspection reports and coordinate corrective actions required between departments.
• Participate in sales and marketing strategy meetings.
• Provide strategic leadership by coordinating the activities of the various functions of the hotel to achieve company goals and objectives and for the future development of the hotel.
• Ensure effective and efficient coordination of operational systems and controls. Manage and review the allocation of company resources to ensure that the highest quality of service and product standards are delivered and maintained
• Provide proactive PR and relationship management within the network of local, regional and global business partners and stakeholders.
• Put in place appropriate systems for efficient internal controls.
• Analyze company operations to pinpoint opportunities and areas that need to be reorganized, downsized, or eliminated.
• Establish expected standards for service to guests and members, decor, housekeeping, food quality, and banquet operations.
• Meet and Greet guests.
• Establish and maintain cordial relationships with hotel members.
• Be on call 24 hours a day to resolve problems or emergencies.
• Review and analyse expenditure, financial, and operations reports to determine requirements for increasing profits, such as need for increase in subscription.
• Recommend capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment, which would increase efficiency and services.
HOTEL MANAGER – JOB DESCRIPTION