Kikuyu and French Language Teacher Needed! (Part-Time)
An institution within the surroundings of Karen, Nairobi is in need of a part-time Kikuyu and
French language teacher to offer online tutoring on weekends (Saturdays only) to two
learners. Two hours only in each Saturday.
Candidates who are proficient in the two languages are encouraged to apply.
French & Kikuyu Language Teacher Job Description
The role of the Language teacher will be to teach students to speak, comprehend and write
in Kikuyu & French languages. They are to teach the principles of the new language, using
different methods to deliver successful courses.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Organizing coursework and learning materials
• Assessing student progress and writing reports
• Prepare learning materials and activities
• Assign homework and interesting exercises
• Determine exam and assignment grades
• Identify students with special requirements and create individualized plans
• Provide feedback based on workload
• Keep a record of students’ attendance and grades
• Research new language teaching methods
• Collaborate with teaching staff and administrators to foster a good student
• Previous experience as a French/Kikuyu Language Teacher
• B.Ed./BA Linguistics preferred but not essential
• Knowledge of various teaching methods
• Understanding of the curriculum and language requirements
• Exceptional organizational and communication skills
• A patient and resilient personality that makes each student feel safe
• Dedication to students and education
• Should be conversant with online teaching platforms such as zoom and Google
• Must have a desktop computer or laptop with webcam
• Must have a stable Wi-Fi connection or cable internet connection
If you meet the above requirements, submit your details to:
The Learning Assistant,
- Job Application Details Email: [email protected] Email Subject: FRENCH & KIKUYU TEACHER For more details, call 0736496025 Include your monthly salary expectations. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.