PARISH ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
General Purpose of the Job;
- The Administrative Assistant will work with the Vicar in managing all office management and administration, operation and administrative communication matters of the Parish including maintenance, cleanliness, security, aspects of facilities, equipment, parking etc.
- To provide help that will ensure that the Church runs smoothly, giving support that allows the Vicar to attend to other ministry responsibilities.
- The Administrative Assistant will facilitate and execute the day to day operational aspects of the Parish as directed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities;
- Arrange for flowers or cards to be drawn for congregation members who are admitted in hospitals, for the bereaved, on occasions of child births and weddings etc.
- Organize and maintain the Vicar’s and Church calendars. Coordinate with various Ministries.
- Meet and greet visitors to the Church Office whenever possible, ensuring strict observance of Covid – 19 Pandemic protocols at all times.
- Maintain Church membership records, personnel and administrative subject files, including accurate and up- to- date databases in easy, usable and retrieval systems.
- Keep an inventory of, order and stock supplies for office and staff.
- Maintain office time and attendance register. Review Visitor’s register maintained by Security at the gate to ensure regular compliance on recording.
- Liaise with kitchen to ensure they are adequately organized for all church functions.
- Organize and arrange to provide room and space for all church events, services, activities.
- Ensure a proper system for locking up of all buildings. Maintain keys register and ensure all duplicate keys are kept in safe custody.
- Facilitate good staff communication by assisting with meeting scheduling.
- At least KCSE academic level of education.
- Excellent command of English and Kiswahili languages.
- Diploma in Secretarial, mass communication or administrative studies.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Top keyboard and transcription speed, use of email, internet and social media as well as advanced computer skills.
- Mature person with excellent interpersonal skills – high integrity, flexibility, and pleasant temperament, courteous and cheerful personality. Tact, diplomacy, patience, confidentiality and discreetness.
- Excellent communication, report- writing and problem- solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, engage and discuss complex information with clients and colleagues. Ability to work on weekends, attend regular services and special events.
- Demonstrated Christian faith commitment.
- Have good understanding of Anglican Church liturgy.
Job Application Details
Applications should be addressed to: The Vicar ACK Christ Church Westlands or Email the Vicar through: [email protected] Please attach CV, Cover Letter and Copies of Relevant Certificates.
Deadline of Applications is: Tuesday 31st 2021 at 5 pm
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Kenya