The Meru County Assembly Service Board invites applications from qualified Kenyans to fill a vacant position within County Assembly Service.
PRINCIPAL ADMINISTRATION OFFICER (I POST J G “N”/CASB 6)
(a) Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpreting and implementing strategies, policies, and standards pertaining to Administration services of the County Assembly;
- Procuring and effectively managing contracts relating to cleaning, mail/parcel delivery;
- Implementing statutory requirements relating to maintenance of the County Assembly’s buildings and installations;
- Coordinating repairs and maintenance of office equipment;
- Ensuring prompt delivery of mail and execution of messengerial services;
- Ensuring prompt settlement of utility services bills;
- Coordinating the execution of third-party service contracts e.g. cleaning and security services;
- Coordinating planning and allocation of working tools and equipment;
- Allocating of office and parking spaces; controlling the telephone expenditure in line with approved budget ceilings; overseeing auxiliary and courier services; and
- Liaising with Supply Chain Unit for the procurement of telephone lines for officers, calling cards, scratch cards and any components related to this service.
(b) Requirements for Appointment For appointment.
(i) Served in the grade of Chief Administration Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years or its equivalent.
(ii) Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Social Science, Business Administration, Public Administration or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
(iv) Proficiency in computer application;
(v) Demonstrated managerial, Administration and professional competence in work performance and results.
Job Application Details
Persons interested in filling the above positions should submit applications accompanied by copies of curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, a copy of National Identity card or passport and any other supporting documents to the office of the Clerk not later than Monday, 6th September. 2021. at 5.00 P.M.
Note: With regard to Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, applicants are required to obtain and submit copies of the following certificates that should be authentic and up to date:
a). Clearance certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
b). Clearance certificate from Credit Reference Bureau.
c). Tax Compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority.
d). Certificate of good Conduct from the Department of Criminal Investigations.
e). Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board.
The Applications should be addressed to:
County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Meru.
P.O Box 3-60200
Or be delivered by hand to the office of the County Assembly Clerk within the County Assembly premises.
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Kenya