Senior Software Developer
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at [email protected]
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role:
We are looking for a Senior Software developer to join our team working on design and development of various technology products. You will work with highly experienced and result driven Tech Leads and Product managers to design and develop software solutions in a highly paced environment. The Senior Software Developer shall work with other software developers to support the maturity of microservices architecture for different solutions and achieve full or near-full automation and orchestration of DevOps tools and processes. In addition, you will support and contribute to the adoption of, adherence to, and improvements of efficient end to end software development process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, test and maintain digital solutions
- Provide technical guidance and implementation of digital solutions design and development global best practices
- Develop best practices for digital solutions, maintenance, reporting and security
- Aid other team members as needed to achieve team objectives.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Adhere to high-quality less rework development principles while delivering on time and on scope
- Responsible for maintaining UpToDate repositories of the assigned systems
- Leverage knowledge and contribute to proper knowledge management within the team
- Keep abreast with emerging technologies in health information technology
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in enterprise-level programming and architecture experience.
- Proven experience as a Senior Developer or similar role.
- Experience developing scalable and secure web and mobile applications.
- Experience with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL, MySQL, and PostgreSQL, including designing schemas and query performance analysis. Experience in NoSQL databases is an added advantage.
- Should have strong knowledge and experience in CI/CD tools like ANT, Maven and Jenkins.
- Extensive device management experience on platform health monitoring, reporting, scripting, data-mining, and business intelligence.
- Excellent understanding and deployment of virtualization and containerization technologies.
- Understanding of DevOps pipeline impact on product management and user experience (UX).
- Extensive experience in system and data migration for mission critical technologies.
- Should have experience in development and implementation of data analytics and visualization solutions
Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of multiple programming languages, libraries, and frameworks such as C#, Java, Python, PHP, Android, React, Node.js, Angular, Vue, etc
- Should have experience setting up, configuring, and managing web application servers (e.g., Nginx, Apache Tomcat, IIS etc.)
- Should have demonstrable experience in working with HTTP/RESTful APIs, microservices and distributed solutions.
- Should possess excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Should demonstrate strong problem solving and technical skills.\
- Should demonstrate knowledge of the trends in the software development domain.
- Experience in driving ongoing improvements and efficiencies in operational practices, tools & processes.
- Ability to communicate directly with peers, managers, and clients while leading development to a completed and successful solution.
- Experience Health Information Exchange standards is an added advantage.
- Should be able to work under minimum to no supervision and yet deliver quality results on time.
- BSc. in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- At least five (5) years of professional experience directly supporting the development, operations, maintenance and/or security of mission critical systems.
- Training on Lean or Six Sigma is an added advantage
- Job Application Details https://palladium.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/11964?c=palladium